ducks

ducks

Now THAT is a motion blur. (Joe Palaia Park.)


(Crossposted to Monmouth County Daily Photo)

5 comments:

John Y. said...

Nice! The stillness of the duck on the right against the motion blur on that side is, um, way cool (yeah, just call me Mr. Vocabulary).

I figured I would comment here instead of MCDP for two reasons. (1) Maybe by spreading out my comments a bit between the sites I'll avoid pumping up my comment stats to uncomfortably obsessive levels on either one. (2) I was wondering about the change in banner here on The Twp. What happened to the photo? Now, it so happens that the photo didn't work so well for me in Firefox (the text spilled partly out of picture and onto the gray background below) but was fine in IE6, so I figured it was just my own wacky settings. The simple line border you have now looks a bit plain, but clean and well-proportioned in my Firefox window. So for me, it's an improvement, though the subtitle/description (the part about "a photo per day...") seems to be centered along an axis which is to the left of the center of the box, while the main title is centered nicely.

Josy said...

Y'know what, I just noticed that the subtitle isn't centered for me, either. Drat.

I got rid of the original photo header because I decided it was too large and too distracting. This site is ENTIRELY about me trying to be pretentious and show off my photos in a semiprofessional manner, and a small clean header works more to that end.

John Y. said...

OK. My Web skills are even more amateurish than my photography (which is saying something) but I think I may have found what is causing your miscenteredness. The subtitle is being artificially limited to 742 pixels, whereas the border happens to be about 852 pixels wide. With 5-pixel margins, perhaps max-width should have been 842px. I don't know if you work directly with code or if Blogger has some sort of wizard, but if the former, search for "#header .description" (no quotes) and increase the max-width setting there.

Josy said...

Oh geez. Thanks, John. I was trying to insert "text-align: center;" all sorts of places to no avail. Is it better now?

John Y. said...

Beautiful. :)