red

berries

Mulberries! The ripe fruit of the red mulberry (found in eastern North America) is edible and often used in pies and tarts.

I use "often" as a relative term.


Other cities participating in this theme day:
Shanghai, China - Mumbai, India - New York City (NY), USA - Manila, Philippines - Albuquerque (NM), USA - Hamburg, Germany - Stayton (OR), USA - Los Angeles (CA), USA - Hyde, UK - Oslo, Norway - Brookville (OH), USA - Melbourne, Australia - Stavanger, Norway - Bellefonte (PA), USA - Bucaramanga (Santander), Colombia - Joplin (MO), USA - Singapore, Singapore - Selma (AL), USA - Cleveland (OH), USA - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Chandler (AZ), USA - Stockholm, Sweden - Seattle (WA), USA - Boston (MA), USA - Arradon, France - Evry, France - Baton Rouge (LA), USA - Maple Ridge (BC), Canada - Boston (MA), USA - Grenoble, France - http://www.blogger.com/ - Greenville (SC), USA - Hilo (HI), USA - Nelson, New Zealand - La Antigua, Guatemala - Brisbane (QLD), Australia - Singapore, Singapore - Tel Aviv, Israel - Hong Kong, China - Sequim (WA), USA - Paderborn, Germany - Saarbrücken, Germany - Rotterdam, Netherlands - Tenerife, Spain - Kyoto, Japan - Tokyo, Japan - Sydney, Australia - Naples (FL), USA - Cologne (NRW), Germany - Wassenaar (ZH), Netherlands - Saint Louis (MO), USA - Cypress (TX), USA - Ocean Township (NJ), USA - Mainz, Germany - Toruń, Poland - Menton, France - Monte Carlo, Monaco - Singapore, Singapore - North Bay (ON), Canada - Jakarta, Indonesia - Montréal (QC), Canada - Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina - Minneapolis (MN), USA - Baziège, France - San Diego (CA), USA - Prague, Czech Republic - Ampang (Selangor), Malaysia - New York (NY), USA - Kajang (Selangor), Malaysia - Sharon (CT), USA - Newcastle (NSW), Australia - Port Angeles (WA), USA - Nottingham, UK - Villigen, Switzerland - Chicago (IL), USA - Torquay, UK - Brussels, Belgium - San Diego (CA), USA - Mexico (DF), Mexico - Saint Paul (MN), USA - Cape Town, South Africa - Paris, France - Seoul, Korea - Manila, Philippines - Milano, Italy - Chennai (Tamil Nadu), India - Austin (TX), USA - Chennai, India - Madrid, Spain - Seoul, South Korea - Wailea (HI), USA - Toronto (ON), Canada - Ajaccio, France - Buenos Aires, Argentina - Silver Spring (MD), USA - Zurich, Switzerland - Bath, UK - Sydney, Australia

15 comments:

Lavenderlady said...

I love fruit...especially fresh.

Carol E. said...

Here we go 'round the mulberry bush... I never knew what they look like! I learned something today.

Jilly said...

Beautiful photograph. I didn't know this fruit either.

kuanyin333 said...

Gorgeous photo!

Anonymous said...

I thought I knew everything...Duh. I guess I didn't know about the red mulberry. We have mulberry trees in the wild that birds love and people (mostly kids) like too. They are more like a raspberry in shape and dark purple in color. I learned something. Thanks for posting this.

Abraham Lincoln
—Me as Moses—

Gerald (SK14) said...

yes carol i thought that too and you're going to have me singing it all day long now!

Jazzy said...

we have them in Bosnia too, but we call it 'dud'
happy red mulberry sunday!

Zannnie said...

hmmm....juicy red mulberry ;) great macro shot! :)

alice said...

I didn't know this fruit...Nice macro!

Olivier said...

Belle photo, bonne idee pour le theme du mois

Beautiful photograph, good idea for the topic of the month

Nikon said...

Beautiful shot.

Steve Cuddihy said...

As Carol states above, I'm also singing the mulberry bush rhyme in my head. Nice photo.

Anonymous said...

great shot! with the blur background and all :)

Chris said...

Beautiful - I love it! I have a classic Wisconsin rural scene for Theme Day today.

Unknown said...

Never eaten a mulberry. Reminds me of the raspberries I've just eaten.